Stove Top Preparation
Yields approximately 9, 8 oz servings.
- Brown 2 to 2 1/2 lbs of cut up fryer or 1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken meat in a slightly oiled frying pan.
- Bring 7 cups of water or low sodium chicken broth (preferably 3 1/2 cups of each) to a low boil in a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan.
- Slowly add mix while blending.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Add chicken meat and 1/2 lb of sliced smoked sausage to mixture.
- Cook 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice.
- Add salt or pepper (if desired).
Note: 1 1/2 lbs peeled shrimp can be substituted for the chicken meat and smoked sausage.