Dirty Rice Mix
Stove Top Preparation
Great for stuffing poultry or bell peppers.
Yields approximately 5, 8 oz servings.
- Pre-cook 1 lb ground meat, chicken gizzards, or sausage (for a combination of 1 lb). Gizzards should be chopped.
- Drain excess fat off ground meat. Set aside.
- In a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water or meat stock to a boil.
- Add mix and blend thoroughly.
- Add meat.
- Bring back to a boil, stir, reduce to low heat, cover, and cook 25 to 30 minutes, stirring once or twice.
- Add salt or pepper (if desired).