Stove Top Preparation
Yields approximately 5, 8 oz servings.
- Cut into bite size pieces 1 lb of smoked ham or sausage, chicken, pre-cooked pork or wild game, raw seafood (shrimp, fish, oysters, crabmeat), or 1 lb combination of any or all of the above.
- In a 2 1/2 quart sauce pan, bring 2 1/2 cups of water to a boil (if using raw seafood only, reduce water to 2 cups).
- Stir in meat and all of mix.
- Bring back to boil, stir.
- Reduce to low heat, cover, and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Stir once or twice.
- Add salt or pepper (if desired).